Custom navigation

4/4/12

5 Reasons Why My iPad is Like My Coffee Pot


  1. Because Apple’s iPad and Sowden’s Softbrew are both brilliantly designed 
  2. Because both were created by people who thought of absolutely everything that matters to the person who is going to use them
  3. Because both look great and function better than anything else like them
  4. Because I use them both every day and they’re both so perfect that they make me think about how much design matters
  5. Because they make me want to emulate the focus and attention to detail that went into creating them

The Sowden Softbrew

The Sowden Softbrew hails from Milan, home to so much brilliant design.  It was created by George Sowden who is as much a genius at housewares as Steve Jobs was at electronics.  Sowden has thought of everything with this product, from the patent pending filter to the angle of the handle that is perfect for your thumb.  And the pared-down design with its combination of straight and curved lines makes every morning brew both a visual and gustatory pleasure.



The New iPad 3
Then there’s the iPad 3.  We purchased it from Verizon so I can be on the Internet whether there’s wi-fi or not.  The screen is so beautiful that every single image I show clients is totally seductive.  I can take photos with this beautiful thing, answer email, read the paper, play Wordle, source products, listen to music.  The iPad is so useful in so many ways and it is effortless to use. Like almost every product Apple has produced over the years, the iPad design is utterly simple, pared-down and elegant.



I’ve recently read Steve Jobs’ biography and I experience his loss in almost a personal way when I use the gorgeous and amazing iPad.  I wish Steve had been nicer to his sister and not so prone to hurting people.  But there are few such product geniuses around and the iPad is absolute proof of that. 

1 comment: